Thursday, April 7, 2011

Turkey Burger

I love this flavorful and healthy burger recipe. Not only does the cauliflower puree add to the nutritional content, but it also helps make a perfectly moist burger.

I am so excited that a friend is lending me Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious cookbook! I have flagged a few recipes to try, and I am learning tips to incorporate veggies into some of my favorite dishes. I took my favorite turkey burger recipe and used Jessica's tip for incorporating cauliflower puree. The outcome was fantastic - a flavorful, moist, and healthy Turkey Burger!

Ingredients:
·1 lb. ground turkey
·1 cup cauliflower puree
·1 cup Rice Chex, crushed
·4 green onions, thinly sliced
·2 tsp minced garlic
·1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
·Salt and pepper

Directions:
Heat the grill. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture evenly and form 6-8 patties. Oil the grill with olive oil cooking spray. Place the burgers on the grill and grill until one side is brown, then flip and grill the other side until done.

Burgers can also be cooked on a hot skillet and then transferred to a hot oven to finish cooking all of the way through.

I've also shared this recipe on: Seasonal Sundays

1 comments:

Rivki Locker said...

What an unexpected list of ingredients! This looks lovely!