Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mexican Chicken Salad

I LOVE Mexican food and this Mexican Chicken Salad recipe is packed full of delicious Southwest flavor. Even my chicken-salad-hating husband said, "MMM, this is a keeper!"

Since I created my Apple-Chicken Salad recipe, I've been looking for another good Chicken Salad recipe. I came across a recipe in my "Bride & Groom First and Forever Cookbook" for a lettuce salad with taco-ranch dressing topped with cooked chicken breasts and veggies. I thought the concept behind the salad recipe would be perfect to turn into a Mexican Chicken Salad recipe (as opposed to a Mexican salad topped with grilled chicken).

Ingredients:
·⅓ cup light mayonaise
·⅓ cup milk
·1 tsp lemon juice
·1 tsp lime juice
·2 tsp taco seasoning
·1 tsp onion powder
·2 TBS fresh cilantro, chopped plus an extra handful
·1 cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped
·½ can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
·3 green onions, chopped
·2 cups lettuce
·1 small avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
·1 small tomato, chopped

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice, lime juice, taco seasoning, onion powder, and 2 TBS of the cilantro. When dressing is well-mixed, stir in chicken, black beans, and green onions. Serve chicken salad mixture on top of a bed of lettuce topped with avocado, tomato, and fresh cilantro.

I've also shared this recipe on: Seasonal Sundays

0 comments: