Monday, February 7, 2011

Dried Basil Pesto

I put together this pesto recipe to use in a Pesto Spinach Lasagna (Crockpot) dish. What I like most about this pesto recipe is that it uses dried basil (a staple I already have on hand), it only makes a single-serving, and it's super easy to prepare. The flavor profile is standard of a pesto and I typically use whatever chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or pine nuts) I have in the pantry.

·¼ cup EVOO
·¼ cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or pine nuts
·3 TBS dried basil
·¼ cup grated Parmesan-Romano cheese
·½ tsp minced garlic
·Dash of salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Cover and process until nearly smooth, stopping and scraping sides as necessary.

Makes about 1 cup of Pesto.

I've also shared this recipe on: Seasonal Sunday

2 comments:

Vineeta said...

This is brilliant! I'm a first timer at pesto, and I had only dry basil to work with - And it turned out perfect! :)

Thank you so much! :)

Unknown said...

I'm a cheap b'tard & am always looking for on hand(y) ways of makin' stuff & this was good in it's own right, I added a couple drops lemon to freshen it up - very good indeed! Thanks so much for the recipe.