Sunday, October 31, 2010

Flourless Chocolate Brownies


I just pulled these out of the oven, and my husband and I just ate one! They taste good, but we aren't completely happy with the recipe. They taste a little dry even though they look and feel moist. I added chopped walnuts to the batter and sprinkled a handful of milk chocolate chips on top before baking. The recipe is definitely a keeper. But, next time I'm going to make some alterations to see if I can get it to taste even better!

·4 eggs
·2 TBS butter, melted
·⅓ cup sugar       
·2/3 cup cocoa powder
·Dash of salt
·Optional inclusions (nuts, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, etc.)

Preheat oven to 350˚. In the kitchen stand mixer bowl, beat eggs and melted butter together. Mix in sugar and salt. Add cocoa powder and mix until cocoa powder is fully absorbed and well blended, but do not over-mix. Fold in any optional inclusions. Spread into a buttered 9x9 pan and top with any additional inclusions. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Makes 9 brownies.

0 comments: