Friday, November 5, 2010

Dining Out - Gluten Free

I travel quite a bit for work and have been gone most of the past two weeks (hence the lack of recipe posts). I am surprisingly amazed at how nice and accommodating the waitstaff has been with assuring my food is gluten free. I've had a waitress bring me gluten free soy sauce, sushi cut in a clean area to avoid cross-contamination, special combinations of dinner plates to avoid gravies and dressings, waitstaff double and triple checking with the chefs, and gluten free menus available. Traveling was my biggest concern with having to eat gluten free, but I am so happy that everyone I have encountered so far has been truly concerned with assuring my meal is gluten free and providing me with tremendous service. Now I am back home for a few weeks and am ready to continue trying recipes that taste as good as gluten!

0 comments: