Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Favorite Top 10 Recipes of 2010

I debated writing this post since my blog was only up and running for 3 months of 2010. But, I decided to also jump on the blogging bandwagon by posting my top 10 favorite gluten-free recipes of 2010.

10. GF Pumpkin Banana Bread - this was my first attempt at creating my own gluten-free recipe, and it ended up tasting great!
 













9. Autumn Sausage Casserole - I LOVE all of the autumn flavors in this dish!


8. Southwestern Chicken and Black Bean Tacos - we first started making this dish in early 2010 and it quickly became one of our favorite Mexican dishes!


7. Crockpot Peanut Clusters - all of our family members who received these at Christmas LOVED them. I have plans on creating different varieties of this recipe this year, including homemade Turtle Clusters!


6. Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake Streusel Pie with Rum Whipped Topping - my new Thanksgiving staple pie recipe, and it won the Pumpkin Pie Cooking Showdown!


5. GF Snickerdoodles - another family recipe that I turned into a delicious gluten-free version. After a day, only crumbs remained in the cookie jar!


4. Slow Cooker Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers - even though my husband doesn't like this healthy and fulfilling dish, I do!


3. GF Oreo Cookies - this recipe tastes just like Oreo cookies and were loved by GF and non-GF eaters!


2. GF Broccoli Cheddar Soup - we've made this recipe A LOT since I concocted it October. Yum!


1. These pies are very similar, so it's a toss-up between Apple-Pear Cranberry GF Pie and Apple Cranberry GF Pie. The flavor combinations are delicious!
 

Because I couldn't pick just 10 recipes, here are 3 more family favorite recipes that were converted to delicious gluten-free versions this year!

1. GF Pigs in a Blanket - this recipe has been a family tradition for generations. The GF eaters in my family are overjoyed that we have a delicious GF version now!


2. Mom's Potato Salad - Mike and I really do fight over the last serving! And we always eat it warm.


3. Steak 'n Shake Chili - this has been a family favorite recipe for years. We love sharing this delicious chili recipe with family and friends.

0 comments: