Sunday, August 21, 2011

Grandma's Peach Cobbler

This is my grandma's peach cobbler recipe, which was easily adapted to be gluten free. It's simply amazing with bite after bite proving to be pure ooey, gooey deliciousness! This recipe is, without a doubt, the best Peach Cobbler I've ever had!

Before baking, I sprinkled cinnamon over the top which added a nice touch of flavor. This peach cobbler isn't only As Good As Gluten, it's As Good As Grandma's! 

I fed Mike a bite while he was cooking dinner, here's his remarks. "MMMMM! I'll pound that." (Insert Mike giving me a fist pound here.) "That's f*$%ing delicious!" He later mentioned that this would be a recipe I'd pass onto our grandkids someday, which made me smile knowing this recipe was passed down from my grandma to my mom to me!

Peach Cobbler
Cobbler Ingredients:
·7-8 large fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
·¾ cup sugar
Topping Ingredients:
·¾ cup sugar
·¾ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
·1 egg
·1 stick butter
·1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
In a bowl, combine peaches and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine topping ingredients. Lightly grease a 9x9 pan. Layer peaches in the bottom of the pan and top with crust topping. Bake 400˚ in a metal pan or 375˚ in a glass pan for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.


Note: I made separate, smaller dishes so the Peach Cobbler in my picture isn't in a 9x9 dish. However, the baking time remained the same when using smaller baking dishes.

I've also shared this recipe on: This Week's Craving, Seasonal Sunday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Gluten Free Wednesday

10 comments:

Elizabeth Barbone said...

I love recipes that have been passed down! And this peach cobbler looks fabulous!

Tasty Eats At Home said...

I just peeled and put up a LOT of peaches in the freezer. This sounds like something I need to make with some of them!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

I have some peaches on my counter that are calling for this recipe. I love adapting old family favorites to our new GF life...

If you have a moment today, please share this with my readers @Creative Juice. Hope to see you there!

Linda said...

I love recipes like that which are passed down through the family. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Recipe!

Anonymous said...

No milk?

Anonymous said...

Is the butter melted? Is there not any milk? I made this recipe and didn't turn out very good, so I'm wondering what needs changed?

As Good As Gluten said...

The butter is not melted and there is no milk. You can combine the topping ingredients in a food processor to make the crumble for the topping or use a pastry blender. You want it to be a crumble consistency so your butter can be softened a bit but not melted or it won’t come together.

Anonymous said...

I seem to have difficulty as well. It seems that with creaming the egg and sugar, the flour amount isn’t enough to reach a dry consisistancy. Therefore the butter just joins into a wet batter!

Anonymous said...

I improvised with the crust, I think it will turn out great, I always put my own spin on recipes to make it my own and to troubleshoot the unknowns. Thanks for sharing, the recipe as a whole is awesome!👍