Sunday, January 23, 2011

Four Cheese Lasagna

Lasagna is one of my favorite meals, and this is my signature recipe I've been making since I was a young teenager. This was the first time I made it with GF noodles, and I am so happy to report that it turned out just as good as I've been making it all these years! It's a perfect combination of noodles, meat sauce, and, of course, four cheeses! 

·1 lb no boil lasagna noodles (I used De Bole's No Boil Gluten Free Rice Lasagna Noodles)       
·1 lb ground beef                                       
·1 medium onion, chopped                     
·2 cloves garlic, minced                           
·1 – 28oz. can tomato sauce                  
·1 tsp dried oregano                                 
·1 tsp dried basil
·1 tsp dried cilantro
·16 oz. cottage cheese (I've also used Ricotta cheese, but I prefer the taste of cottage cheese better)
·2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
·¼ cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
·1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
·2 eggs

Cook beef, drain excess grease. Add onion and garlic and cook til tender. Add tomato sauce (reserve 1 cup) and spices. Simmer 15 minutes. In a bowl, combine parmesan, cottage, ½ cup mozzarella, cheddar, and eggs. Spread 1 cup sauce on bottom of ungreased 13x9x2 baking dish. Arrange 3 noodles. Top with cottage cheese mixture, top with 3 noodles, ½ of meat sauce, 3 noodles, and remaining ½ of meat sauce. Add more spices if desired (I usually sprinkle Italian seasoning on top). Cover with foil. Bake at 350˚ for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake until cheese melts.

I've also shared this recipe on: Seasonal Sundays,This Week's Cravings

1 comments:

Brittany @ Real Sustenance said...

JUST found your blog! Great stuff :)
The one thing I haven't made since going Gluten Free is Lasagna. I think this is due to the fact that I also cant eat dairy.. But I could figure out a dairy free version I think :) What Im trying to say here is that this looks great! and Im totally inspired now.
I ALSO wanted to invite you to participate in a weekly event I host titled Seasonal Sundays.. its goal of course it to feature recipes containing Seasonal Ingredients. (which is something I am very passionate about!)
xo, Brittany