Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Buffalo Chicken 3 Ways

This past weekend I had a Buffalo Chicken Extravaganza! I made my Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip for friends on Saturday night, and then I made Buffalo Chicken 3 Ways on Sunday. My Buffalo Chicken Extravaganza all started with this recipe for Crockpot Buffalo Chicken I found on Pinterest.


The only changes I made to the recipe were that I cut it in half and I used fresh, 100% natural chicken breasts. I can already tell this is going to be one of my new favorite recipes. The crockpot does all of the work in providing you with a wonderful Buffalo Chicken base to be used in a variety of recipes, including the 3 Ways I used it....


First, Jalapeño Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese was my favorite way to enjoy the Crockpot Buffalo Chicken. I made my Revolutionary GF Mac & Cheese, substituting Colby Jack cheese for the Cheddar cheese. I sauteed chopped green onions, chopped pickled jalapeños, and diced celery in olive oil. Then, I stirred in the veggies and a good portion of the prepared Buffalo Chicken to the Mac & Cheese. Which was then topped with more jalapeños and cornflakes. It was sensory overload and absolutely, positively, a-maz-ing!


Up next, was my husband's favorite variety, Buffalo Chicken NachosThis easy to prepare dish is very satisfying. In an oven safe dish, top corn tortilla chips with buffalo chicken and shredded colby jack cheese. Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Top with diced celery and jalapeños. It's a fantastic accompaniment for lazy weekends watching sports games.


Lastly, was a classic way to enjoy Buffalo Chicken as a Hot Buffalo Chicken and Cheddar Sandwich. I placed two spoonfuls of Buffalo Chicken and a slice of Cheddar cheese between two buttered (and terribly unevenly cut) pieces of homemade Gluten Free Sandwich Bread. Then, I cooked over medium heat in a skillet. This is a delicious twist on a classic grilled cheese that also makes for a simple and quick lunch.


We thoroughly enjoyed my Buffalo Chicken all 3 ways. Mike and I loved it so much, that I'm sure it won't be long until another extravaganza. What are your favorite ways to enjoy Buffalo Chicken?

Lauren


I've also shared this post on: Slightly Indulgent Tuesday

3 comments:

Gluten Free said...

Those look really good ,this is really amazing recipe.Thanks for sharing this recipe,its really great blog .......
Gluten Free Recipes

Jamie said...

Yum! You need to figure out a way to make your recipes printable. I save things on my phone, but I'm still old school and like printouts for my meal plans. All of these ideas look delicious -- maybe this weekend!

As Good As Gluten said...

Thanks Jamie. Yes, printable recipes is on my blog to-do list. I'm hoping to figure it out over the holidays!