Thursday, December 15, 2011

Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies (Flourless)

Last year, my Flourless Fudge Cookies were a family favorite. For the holidays this year, I've improved my recipe to create Flourless Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies. The new and improved cookie is twice as chocolately and even fudgier than the original. Sinful!

Since it is the seasoning of giving, I couldn't simply stop with one cookie variety. I had to create six! Yes, six and I had so much fun doing it! This is the first cookie recipe which serves as the base cookie for the remaining five recipes I'll be sharing over the next few days. My recipe below isn't an ordinary base cookie recipe though; it is sinfully delicious on its own with a big glass of milk.

Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies (Flourless)
Ingredients:
·3 egg whites, at room temperature
·1½ cups powdered sugar
·¾ cups cocoa powder
·¼ tsp salt
·1 tsp vanilla extract
·½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350˚. In a kitchen stand mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes). Beat in ½ cup of powdered sugar until mixture is well blended. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until well blended. Dough will be stiff and sticky.

Using a greased spoon or hands, drop balls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes; cool on a cooling rack.

Yield: 16-18 cookies.

1 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

These look great! Very simple, I like that, thanks!