Monday, November 14, 2011

Chocolate Pumpkin Pizookie (Flourless)

Soft and gooey; rich and delicious; AMAZING! HEAVENLY! Oh, and incredibly healthy. This Chocolate Pumpkin Pizookie is irresistible!

I found the most wonderful recipe on Pinterest Friday night - Chocolate Pumpkin Pizookie! It took all of my willpower not to rush to the store late at night to get the ingredients I needed. Instead, I held onto that willpower until I woke up Saturday morning and then rushed to the store. As soon as I got home, I started baking this AWESOME pizookie - a deep dish cookie pie, which gets its name from combiningng the words pizza and cookie!

My husband and I have been devouring the Chocolate Pumpkin Pizookie, topped with all natural vanilla bean ice cream. He said it is "friggin' awesome." Which, in full disclosure, it most definitely is! Since I've been baking with beans for awhile now, I had no doubt that the Chocolate Pumpkin Pizookie would taste unbelievably delicious.


I was so incredibly excited to find this recipe, and the blogger Chocolate Covered Katie. I have a huge, HUGE, sweet tooth. Becoming gluten-free has opened my eyes that I can indulge my sweet tooth without completely ruining my health. My favorite way to do this is to bake with beans.

I started baking with beans out of creativity. Gluten free flour blends can taste decent, but it can be hard sometimes to mask the strong gluten free flavors. And, gluten free flours are expensive. I was skeptical the first time I baked with beans, until I tried the first bite! When I tell friends and family my secret of baking with beans, they are also skeptical. But, if they're brave enough to try a bite, the skepticism quickly vanishes after one delicious bite!

If you haven't baked with beans before, you must jump on the bandwagon! I can't tell the difference between regular desserts, gluten-free desserts, and bean desserts. Bean desserts taste As Good As Gluten. Actually, that is a lie. This huge sweet tooth girl can tell the difference...bean desserts are better than gluten! To help get you on the bean dessert bandwagon, here are some of my bean dessert recipes:

Click here for the Chocolate Pumpkin Pizookie recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie


I've also shared this recipe on: This Week's Craving

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Have you tried her cookie dough dip yet? I made it last week and it was very good.

As Good As Gluten said...

No I haven't, but I'll add it to my list to try!