Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Apple Butter (Crockpot)


My apple butter recipe is dangerous. It's so delicious that it could very easily be eaten by the spoonful. I promise you would never find me spooning shoveling it into my mouth by the spoonful! :)

Each time my husband has some of my apple butter, he reminds me of how seriously awesome it is. I completely agree! Just a few simple ingredients combine together into the best apple butter I've ever had. My only regret is that I didn't make a bigger batch. Not only does this apple butter recipe taste A-MAZ-ING, but it fills your house with fall scents as it cooks all day in the crockpot!

Apple Butter (Crockpot)
Ingredients:
·4 medium-sized apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped (I used my favorite apples - Honeycrisp)
·½ cup brown sugar
·¾ tsp cinnamon
·1/8 tsp each - nutmeg, cloves, allspice

Directions:
Place apples into the bottom of a 2.5 quart crockpot. Combine remaining spices, then stir together spices and apples. Cook on low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally. When apples are tender, blend in a mixer until desired consistency is achieved.

Yield: approximately 2 jars


I've also shared this recipe on: Slightly Indulgent Tuesday

1 comments:

Erin said...

This looks yummy! Just found your site and am loving the recipes!