Saturday, March 5, 2011

Gluten-Free Blogger Adoption - Black Bean Cupcakes

I recently learned about "Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger," and this month I was excited to be adopted by Kelly at 18 Hour Kitchen. Honestly, I was shocked, excited, and truly honored to learn someone in blogger-world adopted me! I hadn't heard of Kelly's blog until she adopted me. So, I quickly checked it out and decided I was going to adopt Kelly in return. I love the recipes on her blog and was anxious to try a few.

I love flourless dessert recipes, so when I saw Kelly's recipe for Black Bean Cupcakes I knew this was the recipe I just had to try. You can visit Kelly's blog - 18 Hour Kitchen - by clicking here for her Black Bean Cupcake recipe.
I only made one modification - since I'm not sugar-free, I used regular sugar. I frosted my cupcakes with chocolate cocoa frosting, and let me tell you these cupcakes are SO rich, moist, delicious, and chocolaty. I was hesitant to bake with black beans, but you can't even taste them! They even passed my as good as gluten test - my husband said they were good!

Unfortunately, my cupcakes sunk in the middle. I think this is because I either whisked the batter too long or didn't cook them long enough. But, there is a silver lining to sunk cupcakes! It makes a nice little pool where you can add even more frosting! Who doesn't love extra frosting?!

Have you ever baked with black beans? If so, how did your dessert turn out?
 
In case you're wondering, what is Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger? Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger, hosted this month by Lexie's Kitchen, is a monthly online event where you adopt a GF blogger who's recipes you'd like to try, try one of her recipes, and then blog about it.

1 comments:

Enmark Dalanon said...

Your blog is great and congratulation's for that keep it up..

Adoption Services