Wednesday, March 30, 2011

GF Soy Sauce Substitute

One pantry staple we never have is GF soy sauce. Even in our pre-GF days, we rarely had a use for soy sauce. Lately, Mike and I have been wanting to try more Asian-inspired recipes. So, I searched for a soy sauce substitute and took tips I saw in different recipes to create this GF Soy Sauce Substitute. What I like about this recipe is that I always have the ingredients at home and it was easy to quickly prepare. I used some of this GF Soy Sauce Substitute in an delicious Orange Chicken Stir-Fry recipe, which I'll be posting tomorrow.

Ingredients:
·1 cup beef broth
·½ cup water
·1 TBS plus 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
·2 teaspoons brown sugar
·¼ teaspoon ground ginger
·½ teaspoon pepper
·½ teaspoon garlic powder
·1 tsp sea salt

Directions:
In a saucepan over medium heat, stir all ingredients. Boil gently until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup, about 15 minutes.

Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 cup

0 comments: