Monday, March 7, 2011

Blackened Tilapia

If you know me, you know I'm not a seafood eater. I never have been; however, over the past few years, I've become more open to trying foods that I used to dislike. Last year, my mom made this dish for my birthday and I actually liked it! A few nights ago, Mike planned to make tilapia, so he called Mom for her recipe. And, it turned out just as I remember it a year ago...SO good! I gobbled down my fillet very quickly!

·4 tilapia fillets (if frozen, defrost according to package directions)
·EVOO
·2 TBS paprika
·2 tsp onion powder
·2 tsp garlic powder
·¼ tsp cayenne pepper
·A few fresh cracks of black pepper
·1 tsp oregano
·½ tsp coriander
·½ tsp thyme

Pat fish dry. Combine all spices in a small bowl and rub tilapia with spice mixture. Drizzle EVOO in a medium-sized pan and then pan-fry fish about 4 minutes on each side.

I've also shared this recipe on: Seasonal Sunday

0 comments: