Saturday, June 16, 2012

Amaretto Brownies

Amaretto Brownies are decadent and delicious, with a flavor combination of rich chocolate and almond.

My mother-in-law has been "waiting for samples" of the recipes I post on my blog to arrive in the mail for months. They never arrive, since it's difficult to ship (and, let's be honest, my recipes don't last long in my house!). When my in-laws visited last weekend, I wanted to make my mother-in-law a chocolate dessert. My mother-in-law and I both like amaretto, so I came up with this spin on my Black Bean Brownies - Amaretto Brownies. They were enjoyed by all, and we devoured them.

Amaretto Brownies
Brownie Ingredients:
·1 recipe for Black Bean Brownies
·¼ cup slivered almonds
·2 TBS amaretto

Frosting Ingredients:·2 TBS butter, softened
·1 cup powdered sugar
·1 TBS milk
·1 TBS amaretto
·¼ cup slivered almonds

Directions:Preheat oven to 350˚. Lightly grease an 8x8 inch glass pan. Drain and rinse black beans. In a blender, puree beans, eggs, EVOO, and applesauce. Then, add almonds, amaretto, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla, sugar, and salt. Puree until smooth. Using a spoon or spatula, mix the chocolate chips into the batter.

Pour the brownie batter into the pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. As the brownies bake, they will pull away from the edge of the pan. Let brownies cool in the pan before frosting.

For the frosting, cream butter and gradually add powdered sugar. Blend in milk and amaretto. Frost brownies once they are cool and top with slivered almonds.


I've also shared this recipe on: Slightly Indulgent Tuesday

1 comments:

let there be cake said...

OMG, if this isn't a good reason to truck on out to see you!!!