Friday, October 14, 2011

Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger Sign-Up for October 2011

I'm very excited to host the Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger event this month on behalf of the event's founder, Sea at A Book of Yum. I first became aware of the event when I was by Kelly at 18 Hour Kitchen in February 2011. I February, I decided to return the favor and adopt Kelly to learn what Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger was all about. I've participated almost monthly since I learned about the event, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. The event is a great way to meet new gluten-free bloggers and try new recipes. For me, it's a opportunity that will hold me accountable to finally trying some of the recipes that I have pinned in my "recipes to try" file.

Below is a summary of all of the delicious recipes I've made by participating in the Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger event.

To sign-up for this month's Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger event, follow the guidelines below.

1) Pick a gluten-free blogger whose recipes you admire and adopt them by commenting on this post with your name and blog name, and the name and blog name of the blogger you are adopting.
Please note: Blogger's recipes must be all gluten-free or have a way to sort and read ONLY gluten-free recipes. Please pick a different blogger every time you participate. Please pick a blogger that has not been adopted yet this month!

2) Pick one (or two!) of your gluten-free blogger's recipes to try.

3) Make the recipe, photograph it, and write a post in your blog introducing the blogger and his/her recipe.
Please note: Follow the recipe as written, as closely as possible. And, please don't print the blogger's recipe on your post - just provide your reader a link to the original blogger's recipe. Provide a link to this event announcement page in your adoption post.

4) Email me at asgoodasgluten[at]gmail[dot]com with your photo of the recipe, the URL of your post, name of the recipe, and the URL of the original blogger's recipe post. Please size your photo to be a maximum of 500 pixels wide.

5) After your post is published, post your post's URL in a comment to this post. If possible, please try to visit two other blogger's posts that are posted here (and comment!). The goal is to make this event more interactive and fun!

Deadlines:
Sign-up BEFORE October 28 (loose deadline; late sign-ups are ok)

Post your review and email me before November 4 (firm deadline)

If you don't have a blog, you are still welcome to adopt a gluten-free blogger. Sign-up to adopt a blogger, write a review of one of his/her recipes, including your name (or pen name), the recipe URL, and recipe title. Then, take a photo of the completed recipe (if you can) and EMAIL ME the review and photo. I will create a special page just for our non-blogging participants and post it for you.

Now for the fun part, the adoption sign-ups!

Adoption Sign-Up Sheet:
1. Jeanine of The Baking Beauties (adopted by ME - Lauren of As Good As Gluten)
2. Diane of Gluten Free Foodie Heaven (adopted by Kalinda of Wheat Free Meat Free)
3. Kalinda of Wheat Free Meat Free (adopted by Sea of A Book of Yum)
4. Elana of Elana's Pantry (adopted by Gretchen of The Gluten Free Edge)
5. Ricki of Diet, Dessert and Dogs (adopted by Lexie of Lexie's Kitchen)
6. Debi of Hunter's Lyonesse (adopted by Valerie of City Life Eats)
7. Shirley of Gluten Free Easily (adopted by Heather of Gluten-Free Cat)
8. Hallie of Daily Bites (adopted by Shirley of Gluten Free Easily)
9. You pick!

I'm looking forward to seeing all of the adoptions this month!
- Lauren

15 comments:

Kalinda said...

Hi Lauren. Kalinda from Wheat-Free Meat-Free (that'd be me) I would like to adopt Gluten Free Foodie Heaven.

Sea said...

Thank you for offering to host this month!!!

I would like to adopt Kalinda from Wheat-free Meat-free!

*hugs*
Sea
www.bookofyum.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
I would like to adopt Elana of Elana's Kitchen.

Gretchen
The Gluten Free Edge

Anonymous said...

Ooops! I meant Elana of Elana's Pantry!
Gretchen

Lexie said...

Hi Lauren, Thanks for hosting! I would like to adopt Ricki (hope no one has beat me to it like they have for the last 4 months : ) or Diet Dessert and Dogs.

Can't wait!

xoLexie

Kalinda said...

My post is up. I made Parmesan Herb Focaccia from Gluten Free Foodie Heaven.

Valerie @ City|Life|Eats said...

I would like to adopt Debi of Hunter's Lyonesse please. Thank you.

As Good As Gluten said...

My post is also up. I made Wonderful Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread.

http://asgoodasgluten.blogspot.com/2011/10/adopt-gluten-free-blogger-baking.html

Heather @Gluten-Free Cat said...

I'd like to adopt Shirley of gfe!

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Hi Lauren! I'm adopting Hallie of Daily Bites. :-)

Shirley

Heather @Gluten-Free Cat said...

My adoption post of Shirley of gfe is done. Oh my, what a great choice! http://bit.ly/vPym9T Pumpkin heaven!!!

Lexie said...

Lauren, my post is up:

http://www.lexieskitchen.com/lexies_kitchen/2011/11/3/the-best-dairy-free-egg-free-nog-ever.html

Anonymous said...

I posted two of Elana's recipes - one from her 1st book (OMG!) and Cranberry Orange Biscotti from her website. Both recipes are winners and I have already made both of them twice.

Valerie @ City|Life|Eats said...

Here is my adoption: http://www.citylifeeats.com/2011/11/horchata-pumpkin-pie-milk-shake.html

Adoption Services said...

Appealing information you have provided. It gained me more knowledge and idea.I had really great time reading your post.. It encourage me more and learn lot of things. Thanks! :)