Friday, March 18, 2011

Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger: Gluten Free Easily

Last month was my first month participating in the "Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger" event. It was a lot of fun and “introduced” me to more fantastic GF bloggers! This month’s adoption is hosted by the creator of this great event – Sea at Book of Yum. I was anxiously awaiting the announcement of the March adoption because I knew exactly who I wanted adopt – Shirley at Gluten Free Easily (GFE). 

I've been following (and admiring) Shirley's blog and great recipes since I first became GF. I also recently nominated Shirley for the Versatile Blogger Award. To understand why I nominated her, all you need to do is look at her GFE Recipes page. I definitely have Shirley to thank for my Super Easy Pie Crust recipe. I only made one slight modification to her No Roll Never Fail Press in GF Pie Crust recipe, which is such an easy, delicious, and versatile recipe!

I've had fun making Shirley's recipes, and they all definitely live up to her name - Gluten Free Easily!

Flourless Pizza
click here for recipe
I’ve had Shirley’s Flourless Pizza recipe on my list to try for a few months. When I first saw the recipe, I was intrigued but hesitant to try Flourless Pizza crust. I finally got around to making it last weekend and am so glad I did. I made a sausage and onion Flourless Pizza and it tastes fantastic; definitely As Good As Gluten!

I loved Mike's quotes as he was eating a slice. After his first bite, he said "Oh my gosh, this is amazing!" After he was done, he exclaimed "That was delicious! Good work!" I must say that I feel the same way!

Here’s what the crust looks like after baking it in the oven for 20 minutes.


And, here’s what the final Flourless Pizza looks like after the crust has cooled and has been baked again with the toppings.


Garlic Cheese Biscuits
click here for recipe
Another GFE recipe I’ve had on my list is Garlic Cheese Biscuits. My husband loves Red Lobster, but I think we’ve only been there once together (there are limited options for someone like me who is GF and not a big seafood fan!). Mike’s been making fish for Friday night dinners during Lent, which provided a great opportunity to finally make Garlic Cheese Biscuits. I followed Shirley's recipe and took her advice in her "notes" section by adding the minced garlic to the biscuit batter before baking and omitting the extra butter.

These Garlic Cheese Biscuits are so flavorful, moist, and delicious!! And, of course, As Good As Gluten. This recipe is definitely going to be a new staple in our home, as there are so many dishes these biscuits would go well with!

I've also shared this recipe on: Seasonal Sundays

5 comments:

Iris said...

I've made some of Shirley's recipes too, and I've always been really impressed by how they come out. Now I'm having a craving for garlic biscuits and flourless pizza!

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Lauren, you are such a dear! Thanks for such a lovely write-up. I'm truly honored by your words and your renditions of these recipes. :-) You did a beautiful job on them. Love that you and your hubby both loved them! I needed this little boost tonight, so extra special thanks to you, Lauren!

xo,
Shirley

As Good As Gluten said...

You are so very welcome, Shirley! I'm glad to brighten your night, because your recipes have definitely brightened ours! :)

Anonymous said...

I also am a big fan of Shirley's recipes! She rocks indeed!! Thanks for sharing your love with the world!! She so deserves it,...totally!

Heather @Gluten-Free Cat said...

Wonderful adoption post! Your pictures look wonderful and have me craving pizza!