Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

I revised my GF Snickerdoodles recipe from my grandma into a scrumptious Pumpkin Snickerdoole recipe that is perfect for fall weather! 

Some of my family recently flew up to visit Mike and I for a long weekend, and I knew I had to make a family favorite cookie - Snickerdoodles. Since we're beginning to experience fall weather where we live, I wanted to put a fall spin on our favorite cookie recipe. Pumpkin Snickerdoodles were the perfect solution. I made the cookie dough in advance and defrosted it in the fridge before baking according to the recipe below. They still tasted delicious, even after being frozen for a week.

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
Cookie Ingredients:
·1 cup butter, softened
·1½ cups sugar
·1 egg
·¾ cup pumpkin puree
·2¼ cups GF all-purpose flour
·2 tsp xanthan gum
·2 tsp cream of tarter
·1 tsp baking soda
·½ tsp cinnamon
·½ tsp salt
Sugar Mixture Ingredients:
·⅓ cup sugar
·2 tsp cinnamon
·½ tsp allspice
·¼ tsp ginger
·¼ tsp nutmeg

Directions:
Mix cookie ingredients in a large bowl and roll into balls size of a walnut. Cool cookie dough for 30 minutes. Mix sugar mixture ingredients in a small bowl and roll cookie dough balls in sugar mixture.
Place 2” apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes at 400˚ until slightly brown and still soft.

Makes 48-60 cookies.


I've also shared this recipe on: Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Go Ahead Honey It's Gluten Free, Our Spunky Holiday, Halloween

7 comments:

Raia said...

Good morning! Just wanted to let you know that you've been tagged with the Liebster Blog Award... a special recognition for up-and-coming blogs with fewer than 200 followers. I think your blog is great! You can check out my post here: http://raiasrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/liebster-blog-award.html

Iris said...

Love this idea! I'll put pumpkin in just about anything. :)

Heather @ Life Gluten Free said...

Those sound good :)

Mrs. Ed said...

Yum, what a lovely autumn cookie.

Jenny Erb said...

I just made these...and ate a fourth of them! I wasn't sure at first–the dough was way to sticky to handle. I added more flour and still had doubts, but after baking them they turned out nice and moist, kind of like pumpkin bread. Delicious! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Could you use almond flour in place of the GF flour blend?

As Good As Gluten said...

I have not tried the recipe with almond flour, but would assume it would work. If you try it, please let me know how it works out for you!