Monday, June 20, 2011

Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger: Elana's Pantry

For the June Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger event, hosted by Celiacs in the House, I adopted Elana at Elana's Pantry. Not only does she have a top-notch blog full of a wide variety of delicious recipes and gluten-free information, but she is also (according to me) the Queen of Gluten-Free Cupcakes with a new Gluten-Free Cupcakes cookbook available. Many well-respected gluten-free bloggers have reviewed Elana's cookbook and tried a few of her recipes, and they all have had nothing but great things to say.

Since I love flourless recipes and the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, it was only fitting that I chose to bake Elana's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cupcakes (which only require 7 common pantry ingredients, bonus!). I substituted honey instead of agave and omitted the salt because I used salted roasted peanuts.

My batch of Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes baked perfectly with great flavor and texture. As you can see from the non-frosted cupcake in my picture, my gluten-free AND flourless cupcakes did not sink (yay!!)! These cupcakes remind me of my all-time favorite candy - Reese's. I frosted my cupcakes with a Chocolate Powdered Sugar frosting - absolutely delectable!

In previous Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger events I've made:
·Kelly at 18 Hour Kitchen's Black Bean Cupcakes
·Shirley at Gluten Free Easily's Flourless Pizza Crust AND Garlic Cheese Biscuits
·Carol at Simply...Gluten Free's Cherry Cola Ribs
·Lynn at Lynn's Kitchen Adventures Homemade Vanilla Pudding, Mexican Chicken Lasagna, and Green Chili and Cheese Cornbread

0 comments: