Monday, May 14, 2012

Cheeseburger Macaroni

Cheeseburger Macaroni is quick and tasty one pot meal. It tastes just like Hamburger Helper, but it is much healthier.

When I moved off campus my senior year of college, Hamburger Helper was one of my go to meals. I was learning how to cook for the first time, and I relied on Hamburger Helper and similar products a lot. I haven’t thought about Hamburger Helper in quite a few years, until a few weeks ago when I was trying to think of a new way to use ground beef. I recalled a recent recipe on Iowa Girl Eats for Cheeseburger Macaroni, and I knew it was exactly what I wanted to make for dinner.

Here’s a summary of the changes I made to the recipe…
     ·I used Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta Shells to make it gluten free. Gluten free pasta may take longer to cook than regular pasta, and you may have to add additional hot water if the pasta isn't completely cooked by the time the water absorbs into the dish.
      ·I didn’t have any shredded cheddar cheese in my house (I know, shocking!), so I used a cup of leftover Butternut Queso. It tasted great and increased the nutrition value of the dish.

Click here for Cheeseburger Macaroni recipe from Iowa Girl Eats

0 comments: