Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger: Lynn's Kitchen Adventures

For the May Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger Event (hosted this month by Z's Cup of Tea), I decided to adopt Lynn at Lynn's Kitchen Adventures.  I've had a wide variety of Lynn's recipes bookmarked ranging from main dishes to desserts.  I love Lynn's blogs because she showcases a wide variety of delicious recipes that are easy to prepare, budget-friendly, and packed full of flavor. In May, I made Lynn's Homemade Vanilla Pudding, Mexican Chicken Lasagna, and Green Chili and Cheese Cornbread. Each one of these recipes is delicious!

Homemade Vanilla Pudding
Click here for recipe
You won't find a boxed pudding that is more flavorful than this homemade pudding recipe. I served over a layer of bananas with a spoonful of whipped cream on top for a delicious Faux-Banana Cream Pie Pudding Dessert.

I had no idea you could make homemade pudding from scratch until I came across Lynn's recipe for Homemade Vanilla Pudding. Even though it does take a little longer to prepare than boxed pudding, it is worth it for the natural ingredients and great flavor. Plus, it only took us 10 minutes - start to finish. I didn't have any cream, so I used all skim milk for the liquid and it still turned out well. I also used pure Mexican vanilla, which added a great vanilla flavor.

Mexican Chicken Lasagna
Click here for recipe
My husband and I love Mexican dishes, and this is a new favorite for us! We love the mild spice from the green enchilada sauce and the great texture and flavor of the chicken, black beans, and cheese layer.

When Lynn posted her recipe for Mexican Chicken Lasagna in March, I immediately bookmarked it. It sounded absolutely delicious, and it combined quite a few ingredients that I love. I'm so glad I decided to try this recipe because it is fantastic. Mike even agreed - "This is good. Really, really good actually!"

Green Chili and Cheese Cornbread
Click here for recipe

I've also shared this recipe on: Seasonal Sunday
There aren't too many cornbread recipes that I like, but this cornbread recipe is really, really good! It's moist and flavorful with corn, cheese, and green chilies.

Last week, we had a cold, rainy day. Mike made
Steak 'n Shake Chili with Venison, and I made the perfect accompaniment - Lynn's Green Chili and Cheese Cornbread. We both really liked the cornbread, and it will now be our go-to recipe for cornbread. Next time I make it, I'm going to increase the heat level by adding chopped jalapenos in place of the green chilies.


This month, I cooked my way through a few of Lynn's recipes I've been wanting to try. However, I didn't get to them all and have the following recipes on my list for another time:
Nut Free Homemade Granola, Mounds Bar Pie, Homemade Peppermint Patties, and Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal.

In previous Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger events I've made:

Kelly at 18 Hour Kitchen's Black Bean Cupcakes
Shirley at Gluten Free Easily's Flourless Pizza Crust AND Garlic Cheese Biscuits
Carol at Simply...Gluten Free's Cherry Cola Ribs

1 comments:

Lynn said...

Thank you! I am so glad that you enjoyed my recipes and site. Thank you for "adopting" me this month. I am really glad that you liked the homemade pudding. It is hard to go back to boxed pudding once you realize how quick and easy the homemade kind is. And homemade does have so much better flavor. Thanks again!