Saturday, June 18, 2011

Caramel Apple S'mores

What do you get when you combine caramel apples and s'mores? The outcome is a surprisingly delicious and simple treat! It may sound strange, but I promise it's delightful! The apple easily takes the place of a Graham cracker and still provides the crunchiness to the healthier s'more.

I can't remember the last time I had a s'more, but I've been craving one lately. I have a recipe to try homemade gluten-free Graham crackers, but I just haven't gotten around to making them. Throughout the years, I've collected a variety of magazine articles with different renditions of the classic s'more. I recently came across one for a Caramel Apple S'more and new I had to recreate it for an evening snack. I am SO glad I did!

Caramel Apple S'mores
Ingredients:
·2 apple slices
·3 large marshmallows, roasted
·1 chocolate square filled with caramel (I used a square of Ghirardelli Dark Cocoa & Caramel)

Directions:
Place roasted marshmallows along with the chocolate and caramel square in between two apple slices. Enjoy!

I've also shared this recipe on: Gluten Free Wednesday; This Week's Craving

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Yum! Excellent idea! Glad I stopped by from the link party!

~Michelle
http://michellebelanger.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

This looks so good! I love the creativity of using apple slices instead of graham crackers.