Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top 13 Recipes of 2013

I'm also joining the blogger bandwagon to reflect back on 2013 and share my Top 13 Recipes of 2013.

In the spirit of reflection, I want to thank you all for reading and trying, pinning, and sharing my recipes. Throughout the year, I sometimes wonder why I go through the trouble of maintaining As Good As Gluten - as it's a lot of work with no monetary reward. In these times, I randomly get a comment or email or phone call or run into one of my readers. You share encouraging words, feedback, or nice complements that keep me going. Knowing how I've helped you on your gluten free journey is the only incentive I need to keep my blog going.

What recipes or posts would you like to see more of in 2014? I hope you have a very Happy New Year! I'm excited to see what 2014 brings.


Top Recipes of 2013

13. Baked Avocados: creamy avocado topped with savory garlic and cheese and sweet tomato and basil = a delicious and quick dinner.

 
12. Angel Chicken (Crockpot): an easy crockpot meal that tastes delicious, despite the less than appetizing photo.



11. Hummus Pizza: this was my favorite pizza this past summer. This Mediterranean inspired pizza is fresh and savory with a touch of sweetness.
 

10.  Sausage & Grits Casserole: this creamy and decadent casserole got voted "best casserole ever" by family. Try it and let me know if you agree.


9. Cheeseburger Stuffed Zucchini Boats: this delicious recipe tastes like a cheesy, deconstructed cheeseburger without all of the grease. Healthy and delicious!


 8. Nutella No Bake Cookies: this Nutella twist on traditional No Bake Cookies is delicious and brings back fond childhood memories.


7. Romano and Mushroom Marsala Polenta: this hearty meal comes together quickly and the flavor possibilities are endless.


6.  Creamy Avocado Pasta with Tomatoes and Mushrooms: this flavorful dish is deceptively creamy and rich; you'd never know the sauce was made with healthy avocados.


5. Avocado-Hummus Cheese Panini: I'm starting to see a theme here the closer I get to the top recipe. Vegetarian dishes (and avocado) are definitely favorites. This panini won't disappoint. It's fast to make, tastes great, and is a healthy and filling vegetarian meal.


4. Cucumber and Avocado Summer Rolls with a Savory Sauce: despite my frustration making spring rolls, this tasty recipe tastes like a fresh, handheld salad.


3. Carbonara with Squash and Kale: this creamy, flavorful pasta dish packed full of my favorite fall flavors. It is one of my many favorite recipes of the year.


2. Vegetarian Quinoa Chili (Crockpot): this spicy, flavorful, and meatless meal is still full of protein with the additions of quinoa and black beans.


1. Moscato Spritzer: This "recipe" had twice as many views as my #2 recipe of the year and 8 times as many views as the #13 recipe! Needless to say, it was just as big of a hit for my readers as it was for all of the parties I made it for this past year. This favorite party drink is simple to prepare and tastes great – very fresh, light, and slightly sweet.

0 comments: