Saturday, December 18, 2010

Original Chex Party Mix

After my Crockpot Chex Mix failed a few weeks back, I decided to stick to my Grandma's recipe. In her recipe below, I omitted the Wheat Chex and pretzel sticks, and added more Rice and Corn Chex in replacement. This turned out just like I remember it and the way Chex Mix should be - enjoy!!

·6 TBS butter
·2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
·1 ½ tsp seasoned salt
·¾ tsp garlic powder
·½ tsp onion powder
·3 ¼ cups Corn Chex
·3 ¼ cups Rice Chex
·3 ¼ cups Wheat Chex
·1 cup mixed nuts
·1 cup pretzels

Heat oven to 250˚. Melt butter, stir in seasonings. Mix remaining ingredients then pour butter mixture over – coat evenly – in large roaster.  Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.

*GF substitution: use more Corn and Rice Chex for Wheat Chex and pretzels.

0 comments: