Saturday, December 4, 2010

Crockpot Chex Mix


Chex Mix is a family favorite of mine, so when I found this recipe at A Year of Slow Cooking I thought I'd try it. It turned out okay, but I'm sticking to the old fashion way of making Chex Mix in the oven.

This crockpot version didn't have as much flavor as the oven version and some pieces were chewy. This is probably a fault of mine - I must have messed something up - since I know this recipe has turned out well for so many.

It's definitely easier to make in a crockpot than in the oven, so give if you give it a try let me know how it turns out for you. I omitted the pretzels, I've always liked my Chex Mix with just cereal and nuts. I also used a combination of Rice and Corn Chex.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

I didn't really like her recipe either -- I think it needed more butter. Next time, I'm going to just use my mom's recipe and try it in the crockpot!