Sunday, June 22, 2014

Baked Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts


I warned you when I started making gluten free doughnuts, that they were dangerously too easy to make. My third batch of doughnuts is Baked Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts, a small twist on Jeanine's Baked Chocolate Doughnuts. I cut the sugar in the doughnut batter recipe in half, and didn't taste a difference. Instead of frosting with chocolate frosting, I whisked together an easy glaze to dip the cooled doughnuts in. The glaze has a nice vanilla flavor which complements the baked chocolate doughnut nicely.

Doughnut Glaze Recipe:
·1 cup powdered sugar
·4 TBS skim milk
·3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
·Squeeze of fresh lemon juice

Whisk ingredients together in a bowl, then dip cooled doughnuts in the glaze. Set on a cooling rack (with a piece of parchment paper or silicone baking mat underneath) until serving.

0 comments: