Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Creamy Chicken Spinach Artichoke Pasta

 
This Creamy Chicken Spinach Artichoke Pasta recipe was inspired by my Creamy Garlic and Mushroom Pasta recipe and my love for Spinach Artichoke Dip. My Creamy Garlic and Mushroom Pasta has been my go-to pasta recipe for months. It’s quick and easy to make, super flavorful, and the possibilities are endless for what I find in my fridge/pantry to toss in.

This Chicken Spinach Artichoke variety was just as delicious as the original. I made a double batch to share with my family, and we all enjoyed it!

Creamy Chicken Spinach Artichoke Pasta
Ingredients:
·2 tsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
·1 TBS minced garlic
·1½ TBS butter, divided
·¼ tsp salt
·½ tsp pepper
·1½ cups homemade chicken stock
·2 cups water
·½ lb gluten free spaghetti noodles
·1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
·¾ cup skim milk
·1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
·1-2 cups fresh spinach leaves
·¼ cup chopped artichoke hearts

Directions:
In a large pot, heat the EVOO over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute. Add butter, heat until melted. Add salt, pepper, chicken stock, and water. Raise the heat to medium-high and let it come to a boil.

Once boiling, add the pasta and cook for as long as the box’s directions indicate. Once the pasta is cooked to al dente, reduce the heat to medium and mix in the mozzarella cheese until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the milk, chicken, spinach leaves, and artichoke hearts. Stir until spinach is wilted. Serve.

0 comments: