Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mango & Avocado Spring Salad


I’m not a huge salad fan, but lately I’m getting hooked on amazingly delicious salads. This spring salad is uber flavorful, fresh, and light – perfect for a warm, spring day. I didn’t buy any oranges at the store the week I made this salad, so I compensated with extra mango and avocado. It still tasted delicious.

The “icing on the cake” for this salad is the Homemade Vinaigrette. I just started eating salad dressing the past 4-5 years. Would you believe that I ate plain salads with no dressing until only recently? My condiment-loving husband who drenches all foods in any sauce he can find (ketchup, barbeque, salad dressing, hot sauce) has called me a rabbit for eating plain-Jane salads. J I’m still not a huge salad dressing fan, so I typically only use a teaspoon or two for my salads or order dressing on the side to barely dip my lettuce into it. This Homemade Vinaigrette is the exception – I followed my husband’s lead and drenched my salad in it! The Vinaigrette is light, slightly tangy from the apple cider vinegar and lemon, and slightly sweet from the honey. It’s amazing; seriously, it couldn’t be simpler to prepare.  

 
Click here for recipe from Iowa Girl Eats

0 comments: