Sunday, January 16, 2011

Spinach Artichoke Dip (Crockpot)

Another easy and delicious crockpot recipe from A Year of Slow Cooking. Spinach Artichoke Dip is one of my favorite dips! I've tried to recreate the restaurant recipes for years and none of them have tasted quite as good. I can happily report that I've finally found the Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe that is definitely a keeper! The original recipe calls for chopped jalapenos, but I omitted them because I haven't (knowingly) had this dip with jalapenos in it before. The outcome was still delicious!

·1 – 14oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
·1 – 9oz. bag baby spinach, chopped
·1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
·1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
·½ cup sour cream
·½ cup mayonnaise

Use a 4 to 6-quart crockpot.  Drain and finely chop artichoke hearts, and add them to the crockpot. Remove the stems from the spinach leaves and chop the best you can. Add to the crockpot. Add mayo and sour cream. Top with ½ cup each shredded mozzarella and Parmesan.

Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, or high for 1 hour. Stir. The spinach should begin to welt. If it hasn’t, cook longer. When the spinach is wilted, stir in the remaining cheese and let it melt while the lid remains off. Serve with you favorite chips, sliced veggies, or bread.

I've also shared this recipe on: Seasonal Sundays

2 comments:

judee@glutenfreeA-Z Blog said...

Wow.. great idea making the artichoke dip in the crock pot. I am always looking for a way to free up my time before entertaining. Thanks for the idea

As Good As Gluten said...

Thank you! We've made this a few times and it's SO good!