Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ranch Mashed Cauliflower (Mock Mashed Potatoes)

While the texture is not startchy like mashed potatoes, Ranch Mashed Cauliflower is super flavorful and healthy. Without self control, Mike and I very easily could have eaten the entire dish in one sitting.

My mom has been making cauliflower mashed potatoes long before it was popular. I've never tried mock mashed potatoes (aka mashed cauliflower), but I thought ranch style would be the perfect way to try it sans potatoes. I was right, the ranch seasoning is what made the dish. One day I'll have to share my mom's recipe, which combines both cauliflower puree and mashed potatoes - delish!

Ranch Mashed Cauliflower (Mock Mashed Potatoes)
Ingredients:
·1 head cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
·1½ TBS Neufchatel cream cheese
·2 TBS skim milk
·2 TBS butter
·2 TBS dried parsley
·1 tsp dried dill
·1 tsp garlic powder
·1 tsp onion powder
·½ tsp dried basil
·½ tsp pepper
·¼ tsp salt

Directions:
Steam cauliflower in a pot of water until tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a food processor. Add remaining ingredients and process until blended and the consistency of mashed potatoes is achieved.

0 comments: