Friday, December 2, 2011

Pumpkin Hot Cocoa

Pumpkin Hot Cocoa is a rich, decadent fall variety of one of my warm weather favorites, hot cocoa.

Last year, the barista at Starbucks looked at me rather oddly when I asked for a Pumpkin Spice Hot Cocoa. I'm not a huge coffee fan, but I wanted the flavors of a Pumpkin Spice Latte in a hot cocoa format without the coffee. The barista made my odd drink request, but the taste was disappointing and left something to be desired. This fall, I've concocted my own version of Pumpkin Hot Cocoa. The taste is delicious and oh so satisfying!

Pumpkin Hot Cocoa
Ingredients:
·1 cup skim milk
·1 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
·1 TBS granulated sugar
·1 TBS pumpkin puree
·½ tsp ground cinnamon
·Dash of allspice, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, whisking frequently. Heat until ingredients are well combined and hot cocoa is heated thoroughly, about 5 minutes.

Yield: 1 serving

2 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

You're going to think I'm a stalker pretty soon because I totally want to make all of your recipes! I'm totally making this for the weekend. I'll always link back to you when I blog about it though! Thanks!

As Good As Gluten said...

Debbi - I'm so glad you're finding a lot of my recipes to try! Please let me know how any of them turn out for you, I love hearing how others made/adapted my recipes.