Friday, December 23, 2011

Bourbon Pecan Pie

Bourbon Pecan Pie is fairly simple to prepare. My favorite part about this recipe, besides the addition of bourbon, is that it is corn syrup free and still tastes delicious!

One of my husband's favorite pies is Pecan Pie. I've never been a big fan of Pecan Pie, until I wrote this Bourbon Pecan Pie recipe. I never knew I was missing out on such a great pie all of these years! My sister bought a gluten-free pie crust from whole foods we tried, so that's what is shown in the picture. It was okay, but we like my Gluten Free Super Easy Pie Crust Recipe better.

Bourbon Pecan Pie
Ingredients:
·1 GF Super Easy Pie Crust Recipe 
·5 TBS butter, melted
·½ cup pecans, toasted
·½ cup pecans, chopped
·1¼ cup packed brown sugar
·3 eggs
·3 TBS bourbon
·Pinch of salt

Directions:Preheat oven to 350˚. Prepare pie crust according to the recipe. Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake until just set in the middle, about 40-45 minutes.

1 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

This sounds great!! I LOVE pecan pie!