Monday, October 18, 2010

GF Banana Biscuits and Pumpkin Butter

Fresh out of the oven! We made gf banana biscuits and homemade pumpkin butter tonight, and they both taste amazing (and my house smells like fall - my favorite season)! I found both recipes online today when I was searching some blogs and food articles. I modified the recipes slightly, but didn't keep the sources (sorry). I dropped the biscuit dough onto a greased cookie sheet, but once they started cooking in the oven the dough spread out like cookies. I think they turned out more like crumpets, not biscuits. But they are delicious, nonetheless. Next time, I might try baking them in a muffin tin, or adding more flour to my recipe.

GF Banana Biscuits

·1 ¼ cup GF all purpose flour
·½ tsp xanthan gum
·1 tsp baking soda
·2 tsp baking powder
·3 ½ TBS sugar
·1 cup mashed banana

Preheat oven to 400˚. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Then add mashed banana and stir until dough is slightly non-sticky (may need to add additional flour). Drop onto a greased cookie sheet or in a muffin tin and bake for 10 minutes.

Pumpkin Butter

·1 15 oz. can pumpkin purée
·½ cup Simply apple juice (or apple cider)
·¼ cup maple syrup
·¼ cup brown sugar
·2 tsp ground cinnamon
·¾ tsp ground ginger
·1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
·Dash ground cloves

Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently, uncovered. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pumpkin butter is thick and spreadable, about 20 minutes.

Allow the pumpkin butter to cool to room temperature. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.

I've also shared this recipe on: Seasonal Sundays

0 comments: