Sunday, April 6, 2014

Red Thai Curry

                          
 
 
I'm obsessed with the local Thai restaurants in my area. I finally tried spicy green and red Thai curry dishes earlier this year, and I'm hooked. I decided I had to learn how to make it at home so I can enjoy it more often.
 
This dish is less spicy than what I order in the restaurants, so let me know if you have any tips on how I could make it spicier. Nonetheless, this Red Thai Curry dish is a healthy and naturally gluten-free meal that comes together in just 30 minutes.
 
Red Thai Curry
 
Ingredients:
·2 TBS coconut oil
·1 onion, chopped
·2 1/2 tsp minced garlic
·1 tsp ginger
·3 TBS Thai red curry paste
·1 1/2 TBS fish sauce
·1 tsp gluten free soy sauce
·1 can light coconut milk
·1 medium eggplant, diced
·4-5 mini bell peppers, chopped (red, orange, or yellow)
·1 small head of broccoli, chopped into florets
·Handful of fresh spinach
·1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
·Cooked brown rice to serve
 
Directions:
Heat the oil in a large pan. When the coconut oil is warm, saute the onions until soft. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for another minute. Add the eggplant, bell pepper, and broccoli and saute for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the curry paste, fish sauce, and gluten free soy sauce. Cook for 3 more minutes then pour in the coconut milk; stir in the spinach and cooked chicken. Cover and simmer under low heat until vegetables have cooked until tender. Serve over brown rice.

0 comments: