Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sweet and Spicy Turkey Sloppy Joes

These Sloppy Joes are tasty, easy to prepare, and healthier with turkey instead of beef. I love the different spices in this recipe; they definitely left my husband wondering what spices I added to make such a delicious flavor!

Sweet and Spicy Turkey Sloppy Joes
Ingredients:

·1 lb ground turkey
·1 medium onion, chopped
·6-8 pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
·2 cloves garlic, minced/pressed in a garlic press
·1 tsp chili powder
·1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
·1 tsp paprika
·½ tsp allspice
·¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
·¾ cup ketchup
·1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
·1 ½ TBS brown sugar

Directions:
In a large skillet, brown ground turkey. Once brown, add onion, jalapeno, and garlic; cook until onions are tender. Add chili powder, cocoa powder, paprika, allspice, and pepper. Stir together and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. Stir over medium heat until sauce is heated through, about 2-4 minutes.

Serve in a baked potato, or gluten-free rolls.

I've also shared this recipe on: Seasonal Sunday

1 comments:

Candace said...

I crave sloppy joes sometimes. Your recipe looks delicious! I love your fresh and healthy take on this classic comfort food. I bet his palate was a little confused in a perfectly delightful way!