Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower

I finally found a way to prepare veggies that Mike and I both like - roast them! Mike likes his veggies steamed and mushy. I like my veggies flash-steamed so they retain some crunchiness. We both liked this roasted cauliflower recipe because it has great flavors and retains some crunchiness while still being slightly soft to eat.

The possibilities of roasted veggies are endless by using different combinations of raw veggies and spices. We served with Mike's Orange Fish Fillets and Rice - which I, the non-seafood lover, actually enjoyed!
 
Roasted Cauliflower
Ingredients:
·1 head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized florets
·EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
·Seasonings and spices of your choice (I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425˚. Spread the cauliflower onto a baking sheet and drizzle with EVOO. Sprinkle with spices and roast for 25-30 minutes. The cauliflower will be tender but still have a crunch to it.

I've also shared this recipe on: Seasonal Sundays

0 comments: