Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Peach Caprese Salad


Hi, my name is Lauren and I am a caprese addict. If you've been reading my blog for awhile, this is no surprise. Ever since I was a child, my favorite cheese has been mozzarella. Despite all of the "sophisticated" cheese varieties I've tried as an adult, mozzarella remains my favorite.

This Peach Caprese Salad is a fresh, sweet, and flavorful twist on Caprese. The sweet and juicy peaches add sweetness to this dish. It's a light meal that satisfies even my sweet tooth. The produce was super fresh as the tomato and basil came from my garden and the peaches from a local store.

I even converted my self-proclaimed Caprese hating husband to liking Caprese with this salad. If you're looking for a savory Caprese salad twist, substitute the peaches for olives. I had a Caprese salad with olives at a local nursery/restaurant a month or so ago and it was amazing - fresh and savory.

What are your favorite non-traditional ways to enjoy Caprese?


Click here for recipe from Iowa Girl Eats

0 comments: