Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich


I’ve written about  my love of Caprese a few times in the past (Caprese Skewers, Caprese Lasagna with Spicy Turkey Sausage, Caprese Pasta, and Caprese Pizza). My favorite cheese since childhood has been mozzarella; I think there’s no better way to enjoy it than with the fresh flavors of tomato and basil. It’s fresh and perfect for warm summer days. My new way to enjoy Caprese is as a grilled cheese sandwich. – it’s a great way to quickly enjoy some of the basil and tomatoes I have growing in the garden this summer.

Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Inspired by Closet Cooking

Ingredients:
·2 slices of Udi’s gluten free white sandwich bread
·1 TBS basil pesto
·2 slices fresh tomato
·1 slice of mozzarella cheese, or a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese
·Butter


Directions:
Assemble the sandwich by spreading the basil pesto on one piece of bread, top with tomato, cheese, and the second slice of bread. Butter both sides of the sandwiches and place in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flip the sandwiches and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately.


Disclaimer: Udi’s provided the product for me to review. However, my review and opinions written above are my own.

0 comments: