Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Best of As Good As Gluten Thus Far in 2012

I cannot believe that the year is halfway over and it is already July! Just like last year, this "Best of" post was hard to write because we've enjoyed really great food this year.

What have been your favorite As Good As Gluten recipes thus far in 2012?

January
Bacon and Butternut Risotto - This risotto recipe is A-MAZ-ING! It was my first time making risotto and my family inhaled it. This recipe also sent me into a risotto obsession, as I made risotto over and over again for a good two months straight! The flavors in this dish are phenomenal with the smoky bacon, sweet butternut squash, and creamy risotto.

Spicy Peanut Noodles with Asian Veggies - This Asian-inspired dish is healthy and tasty with the perfect balance of smooth and crunchy textures.

February
Coconut Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies - These 5-ingredient, decadent cookies are crunchy, chewy, sweet, and chocolatey.

Gluten Free Sugar Cookies - I was overjoyed when I developed this recipe for cut-out sugar cookies. They are made like, look like, and taste like a REAL (aka gluten) sugar cookie - sweet and buttery; tender and flaky.

Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos with Chipotle Sauce - Mike and I gave up meat for Lent this year, and this was our first vegetarian meal. This meal left us speechless at the dinner table, and we quickly devoured these über flavorful tacos.

March
Gluten Free Soft Pretzels and Pretzel Bites - This is my most popular recipe of the year, thus far. These pretzels taste like the real thing - soft, salty, and slighty chewy.

BBQ Portobello Pretzel Burgers - You all loved this recipe as well. The pretzel bun is salty and savory, which is topped with a meaty portobello mushroom, cheddar cheese, onions, and sweet BBQ sauce.

April
Nutella No Bake Cheesecakes - I discovered Nutella earlier this year, and I can't believe I lived without it for so long! This indulgent and delectable dessert consists of sweet and fluffy Nutella cheesecake on top of a bed of crunchy cookies, all topped with a layer of sinfully sweet homemade whipped cream.

Mexican Vegetarian Casserole - Meat lovers won't miss the meat in this tasty and creamy southwest casserole. This is one of my most popular recipes among vegetarian readers.

May
Hummus Chicken Lettuce Wraps - Hummus became my new favorite snack this spring, and I incorporated it into this fresh, healthy, and tasty dish that's simple to prepare.

Lemon Blueberry Cake (Flourless) - Mike loves my lemon white bean cake, and it remains one of my post popular recipes among my readers. For his birthday this year, I made a lemon blueberry variety that was moist, light, delicious, and super flavorful.

June
Mom's Mango Avocado Salsa - I am obsessed with this fresh, flavorful, and sweet salsa recipe from my mom. I've made it quite frequently this summer and it always disappears quickly.

Tex-Mex Bacon Cheeseburgers - This is one mess of a burger, and it is incredibly flavorful and delicious. The use of queso sauce on top sends this burger over the edge.

0 comments: