Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tex-Mex Bacon Cheeseburgers

This Tex-Mex Bacon Cheeseburger is one mess of a burger. While it's one of the messiest burgers I've ever eaten, it is incredibly flavorful and delicious. The use of queso sauce instead of sliced cheese on top sends this burger over the edge.

This is another recipe I made when my in-laws were visiting, and everyone loved it. I absolutely covered my burger in queso sauce and was an absolute mess when I was finished eating. It was worth it - this burger is phenomenal! I served the burgers with non-tex-mex food, Kale Chips and Baked Potato Salad. I found the potato salad recipe on Pinterest and made it for a work potluck a few weeks ago. It was a hit then and it was a hit with my in-laws!

Tex-Mex Bacon Cheeseburgers
Slightly adapted from Everyday with Rachael Ray

Ingredients:
·12 slices good-quality smoky bacon, 4 slices finely chopped and 8 left whole
·1¼ lbs lean ground beef
·3 tablespoons grated onion
·1 tsp minced garlic
·2 tablespoons pureed chipotle in adobo sauce
·2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
·Salt and pepper
·3 tablespoons butter
·2 tablespoons gluten free flour
·1 cup milk
·1 ½ cups shredded cheddar
·1 – 14oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
·4 gluten free hamburger buns
·Chopped onion, tomatoes, cilantro pickled jalapeno, and corn chips

Directions:
Cook bacon until crisp in microwave or oven. Meanwhile, combine the beef, chopped bacon, onion, garlic, chipotle puree, and Worcestershire; season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties (thinner at the center). Grill the burgers, flipping once, on a gas grill until done.

To make the queso sauce, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour for 1 minute, then whisk in the milk. Stir in the cheese to melt. Stir in the tomatoes and chiles.

Place the burgers on the bun bottoms (grill bun if desired) and top with the queso sauce, bacon strips, corn chips, remaining desired toppings, and bun tops. Serve with extra queso on the side.


I've also shared this recipe on: Slightly Indulgent Tuesday

3 comments:

let there be cake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
let there be cake said...

Ah, hello--you gonna make this for me? Yummy!

Shannon Brown said...

This is seriously making my mouth water. My husband will absolutely love it.