Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Corn Chowder Mac & Cheese

This Corn Chowder Mac & Cheese combines two great recipes into one delicious and tasty bowl! The flavors are diverse and pair seemingly well together. Who knew it was possible to improve the Revolutionary Mac & Cheese recipe I posted a few weeks ago? Each and every single bite is jam packed with phenomenal flavors.  

My blue box mac & cheese loving husband, claims this one of the best things I've ever made. I swear I have no idea where the leftovers went when my husband could not find them in the fridge and gave me his disappointed puppy dog eyes. I definitely did not eat all of the leftovers for lunch the next day. ;) You just have to try this recipe in order to understand my abundant love for Corn Chowder Mac & Cheese!


Corn Chowder Mac & Cheese
Ingredients:
·1 prepared recipe gluten-free mac & cheese (I used my new Revolutionary Mac & Cheese recipe)
·1 tsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
·½ - 12 oz. bag of frozen corn kernels
·4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
·½ small potato, peeled and thinly diced
·1 small cayenne/hot pepper, chopped
·½ onion, chopped
·1 tsp minced garlic
·1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning

Directions:
In a medium skillet, heat EVOO. Add ingredients from corn to Old Bay to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir into your favorite prepared mac & cheese recipe.

Yield: 4 servings


Recipe inspired by a recipe idea from Rachael Ray