Saturday, November 20, 2010

Orange-Apricot Pork Chops in the Crockpot

Another delicious crockpot recipe (modified from A Year of Slowcooking). I'm not a big fan of pork chops as I think they are usually bland and dry. This recipe adds SO much flavor to the pork chops and they are moist. Next time, I'll use thicker pork chops. Mike liked the recipe, but it isn't one of his favorites since he thought it was too sweet. I only had 5 pork chops, so maybe if I had 6 larger sized pork chops it'd spread the sweetness around more. I, on the other hand, found it delicious!

·6-8 boneless pork chops         
·1 cup apricot jam                   
·3 TBS brown sugar                
·½ tsp salt                    
·½ tsp pepper
·½ tsp cinnamon
·¼ tsp ginger
·¼ tsp cloves
·1 - (11-oz.) can mandarin oranges (and juice)

Use a 4-6 quart crockpot. Put pork chops into your crockpot. In a small bowl, combine jam, brown sugar, and spices. Spoon over pork chops. Add the entire can of mandarin oranges evenly over the top. Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or on high for about 4 hours.

Serve with rice to soak up the juice.

I've also shared this recipe on: Seasonal Sundays

0 comments: