Monday, September 26, 2011

Vanilla Chai Tea Latte

My husband and I L-O-V-E Vanilla Chai Tea Lattes. I've been trying to recreate a recipe at home, but it never turned out just right...until now! I've made this recipe multiple times a week since I finally perfected it a few weeks ago. And, we're absolutely in love! 

I will definitely be making this on a regular basis since it's starting to feel like fall where I live. This recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make. Since I plan on making this almost daily during the week, I'll measure out a full week of spices in advance to save time in the morning.

Vanilla Chai Tea Latte
Ingredients:
·2 black tea bags
·1½ tsp ground cinnamon
·½ tsp ground ginger
·¼ tsp allspice
·¼ tsp ground nutmeg
·1/8 tsp cloves
·1¼ cup water
·1 cup milk
·¼ cup brown sugar
·½ tsp vanilla

Directions:
Place tea bags and spices in a coffee filter, add water and brew. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir and until sugar is dissolved and mixture is heated through. Pour milk mixture into tea mixture in coffee pot, stir, and pour into mugs.

Serves: 2


I've also shared this recipe on: Slightly Indulgent Tuesday


Recipe inspired by Taste of Home

3 comments:

Cara said...

This sounds so delightful! I can literally smell it seeping. Mmmmmmmm! I really enjoy chai and now I am thinking I must make some. Thanks for the recipe :)

Jamie said...

Do you just use Lipton tea bags or is there is a brand that works better? I'm definitely trying this once I'm off my "no sugar" kick.

As Good As Gluten said...

Jamie, I prefer Tazo Awake black tea bags. I've used Lipton and it's good but I'm partial to the taste of Tazo Awake.