Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mike's Potato-Crusted Alaskan Walleye

How have Mike and I never tried potato-crusted fish before? It's amazing, and I'm not even a huge fan of fish! My fish-loving husband said, "This breading is delicious. It's the best I've ever had!"

Another amazing fish recipe made by my wonderful husband! I knew there had to be a good purpose for leftover potato flakes I had in the pantry, I just didn't know it would be this great! Crusting Alaskan Walleye fillets in potato flakes and spices added great flavor and texture! Mike served with broccoli and creamed corn (from my creamed sweet corn recipe), and we enjoyed a fantastic dinner with perfect weather outside on our deck.

Mike's Potato-Crusted Alaskan Walleye
Ingredients:
·2 large walleye fillets, cut in half lengthwise
·1½ cup dry, mashed potato flakes
·2 TBS onion powder
·2 TBS paprika
·1 TBS garlic powder
·½ TBS Old Bay seasoning
·Salt and pepper
·1 egg
·EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

Directions:
In a shallow dish, combine dry ingredients from potato flakes to salt and pepper. In a separate shallow dish, lightly beat egg. Dip fish fillets into egg, then into potato mixture to coat. In a large skillet, heat EVOO over medium heat. Pan-fry fillets 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.

I've also shared this recipe on: Slightly Indulgent Tuesday

0 comments: