Friday, October 28, 2011

Meatloaf Cupcakes

Savory. Mouth watering. Comfort food. These "manly" Meatloaf Cupcakes are simply fantastic!

I first heard about The MeatLoaf Bakery in Chicago this past spring. Even though I've never been to the bakery, it sparked my creativity to make my own "manly cupcakes." My husband helped me make Meatloaf Cupcakes a few nights ago, and the outcome was, in his words, "AWESOME!" I used my mom's famous meatloaf recipe (which is the only meatloaf recipe Mike and I like) and cooked the meatloaf in muffin tins, as opposed to a loaf pan. I "frosted" the meatloaf cupcakes with cheddar mashed potatoes.

Meatloaf Cupcakes
Meatloaf Ingredients:
·2 slices of gluten-free bread crumbs
·¾ cup milk
·1 TBS lemon juice
·2 lb. ground beef
·1 tsp minced garlic
·1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
·2 TBS Dijon mustard
·¼ cup ketchup, plus more to drizzle on top
Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
·6 large baking potatoes
·¼ skim milk
·3 TBS sour cream
·3 TBS butter
·¼ shredded cheddar cheese
·Salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350˚. In a large bowl, combine all meatloaf ingredients. Divide the meat into 12 equal sized balls, and place each in a greased muffin tin. Drizzle the tops with extra ketchup, then cook for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, peel and chop potatoes. Boil until tender. Drain potatoes and press through a ricer (or use a potato masher). Stir in remaining ingredients and adjust seasonings to taste.

Remove meatloaf cupcakes from the pan and top with mashed potatoes.

Yield: 12 meatloaf cupcakes


I've also shared this recipe on: This Week's Craving

0 comments: